– – Ghanaians have been loud on social media demanding improved governance from their political leaders. Many of them who are angry with their standard of living have been tweeting with the hashtag #FixTheCountry. They want the government to fix the economy and provide basic essential social amenities which have been lacking across the country. The hashtag #FixTheCountry has been trending since the start of the week after new taxes were announced resulting in increased fuel prices. You’ll pay more for data to help fund NHIS. But while hospitals struggled…Read More
– – Some Nigerians have not been happy with the decision to pick Ghana as host of the Africa headquarters of social media giant Twitter. Making the announcement on Monday, the US based social media company cited Ghana’s role as a champion for democracy, a supporter of free speech and online freedom, and the Open Internet, of which Twitter is also an advocate as reasons for choosing Ghana. The company also said Ghana’s recent appointment to host the Secretariat of the African Continental Free Trade Area aligns with its overarching goal…Read More
– – Social media giant, Twitter has announced that Ghana will host its Africa head quarters. The company’s co-founder Jack Dorsey made the announcement on Twitter on Monday. In a statement the company said “in line with our growth strategy, we’re excited to announce that we are now actively building a team in Ghana. To truly serve the public conversation, we must be more immersed in the rich and vibrant communities that drive the conversations taking place every day across the African continent.” According to Twitter it decided to settle…Read More
– – Three ladies with the help of the social media platform twitter have found out that they have been dating the same man for months. The said womanizer was exposed after one of the ladies who claimed to be dating him posted a picture of the two on Twitter. The twitter user, Kevin Emmilie first shared the photo of herself and the man she had met on the social media platform. We met on Twitter ♥️ pic.twitter.com/HWHuXjyYv3 — Emmilie ♥♡♥️? (@KevinEmmilie4) February 6, 2021 Shortly after that another user…Read More
– – Nigerians have taken to Twitter to mark the country’s 60th anniversary with divergent views on the progress made so far. A hashtag battle has been going on in Nigeria on social media as people debate how to mark the anniversary. Two hashtags #Nigeria60andUseless and #NigeriaAt60 have been trending as citizens express how they feel about the anniversary. The #NigeriaAt60 trend appears to show citizens willing to celebrate the country’s progress so far and hope for a brighter future. Happy Independence Day to my beloved country Nigeria ??❤️ #NigeriaAt60…Shot:…Read More
The co-founder and CEO of Twitter Jack Dorsey has arrived in Nigeria for the start of a month-long trip in Africa. He will be spending the whole of November in Africa, visiting Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, and South Africa. Dorsey had said before his trip that he would be spending a lot of time with entrepreneurs in these countries he is visiting. He has been tweeting about his trip, saying he had had dinner with “some new friends”. Great dinner w some new friends pic.twitter.com/HsCwicfouN — jack ??? (@jack) November 7,…Read More
Finding a life partner or lover has evolved tremendously across generations and centuries. Often people have to find love by meeting face to face with potential suitors. But with the emergence of digital media platforms finding love has taken a whole new format. In South Africa, a social media personality launched a hashtag called #Umjolowithazola to help people find lovers. The hashtag trends “every Sunday from morning till late and it’s a platform for everyone who is genuinely seeking partners,” the originator, Azola Mlota told Africa Feeds. What twitter users…Read More
Its now every where on social media. The term “Sco Pa Tu Manaa” is now the widely used meme on Twitter and has different meanings. But it was made very popular after a Ghanaian musician called Kawoula Biov released a song. “Sco Pa Tu Manaa” then gain popularity after another musician Patapaa used the term in his rap in the song Daavi Neba, in April this year. Patapaa whose real name is Justice Amoah is now a popular Ghanaian musician and raps in terms some don’t really understand. The term really…Read More
BLANTYRE(MaraPost)_ Kamuzu Palace, the official home of Malawi president Joyce Banda, says according to twitter analytics tool, Tweetreach, tweets which contained the hashtag #joycebanda alone gained over 1,649,702 impressions or opportunities to see during Banda’s speech at former South African president Nelson Mandela’s state funeral on Saturday in Qunu.
More than 2 million people were directly involved in the conversation about Banda, according to Nhlane, and there would have been many other people who would have shared it.
The hashtag #joycebanda also trended on Twitter during her speech.Read More
By: Jennifer Fierberg, MSW President Paul Kagame of Rwanda is no stranger to taking to Twitter to engage with both his supporters and his foes. Some of his dialogues have been the topics of published articles, including the infamous heated debate with UK journalist Ian Birrell in which they passionately discussed a variety of topics. The full exchange can be found here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/16/my-twitterspat-with-paul-kagame A recent report stated that Rwanda is among the top 10 African countries that use Twitter on a regular basis. As an avid Twitter user myself, I…Read More