At least 30 people have been reported dead in a post-election violence in Guinea after President Alpha Condé won this month’s disputed election.
Tension has been heightening in the country since the election results were declared with the opposition rejecting them.
Supporters of the opposition have been clashing with security forces for days now resulting in deaths.
The electoral commission confirmed President Alpha Condé’s controversial third term in office last week.
Preliminary results from the electoral commission showed that the 82-year-old secured 59.5% of the vote.
Mr Diallo, 68, won 33.5% of the ballots, the electoral commission said last week.
His victory will now have to be confirmed by the Constitutional Court but his opponent, Cellou Dalein Diallo alleges large-scale fraud.
“We are still going to refer the matter to the constitutional court, without having too many expectations,” Mr Diallo told Agence France-Presse.
He added that “We are going to protest against this electoral hold-up through the street. We are in the process of building a case, which is very difficult since our office is occupied, we don’t have access to our documents, but we are nevertheless going to refer the matter to the constitutional court.”
Four of the 17 electoral commissioners have said they found “serious anomalies” in the organisation of the presidential election.
They content those anomalies affected the provisional results, according to a 22-page report released on Sunday.
In the report they detailed the so-called anomalies, which they said would be presented to representatives of ECOWAS, the African Union and the UN, who are in Conakry.