Linah Keza: Man Charged With Model’s Murder

A 38-year-old man is charged with the murder of model Linah Keza, who was stabbed to death at her home in east London.

Linah Keza

Linah Keza was a professional model (Pic: AMC Agency)


A 38-year-old man has been charged with murdering a model who died after being stabbed in the chest.

David Gikawa is accused of killing mother-of-one Linah Keza on Wednesday and will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.

Ms Keza was found with stab wounds at her home in King Edward Road, Leyton, east London in the early hours of Wednesday morning and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The 29-year-old beauty queen, who leaves behind a three-year-old daughter, was on the books at the model agency AMC, which described the former Miss Africa contestant as a “very compassionate, amazing and a professional girl”.

Linah KezaMs Keza was killed in a knife attack (Pic: AMC Agency)

The young mother, who was born in Uganda before moving to Rwanda as a teenager, came to the UK more than 10 years ago and graduated from the University of Wolverhampton.

Tributes have been paid to Ms Keza, with her brother, Jack Hodari, describing his sister as “the best person you could ever meet”.

He told Sky News: “When we were growing up, she was very smart, very helpful, very loving – just like any other African child.

“Even though she was in the UK and I was in Africa, we would talk every day. We spoke on Facebook, we used WhatsApp, we would call – we were always in touch.

“She would tell me her worries, her excitement – she would always open up to me as her big brother.

“It really pains me that I was not there for her at the time she was killed.”

Chairman of the Rwandan Community in London, Patrice Shema, said: “We still can’t believe that Linah is gone. You see these things on television but when it happens to you and it’s a close friend, that’s when the reality hits home.

“Linah has been a very active member of our community. She was such a wonderful girl, very happy, passionate about modelling.”

The community is now trying to raise money to have her body flown back to Rwanda when it is released by police.


Related posts