- Second #WorldCupAtHome week culminates in USA-China PR
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 1999 Final re-broadcast in full on Monday at 20:00 CET
- Coronation of USA’s ’99ers’ at the Rose Bowl, chosen by fans
Last year in Lyon, USA raised their fourth FIFA Women’s World Cup™ trophy. It’s no secret that a fundamental source of pride and inspiration for Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan, Rose Lavelle and Co were the famed ’99ers’ – USA’s super-team that captured top prize on home soil at the World Cup 20 years prior.
Over 90,000 fans packed into California’s Rose Bowl on 10 July 1999 to watch a feted USA squad, featuring legends like Mia Hamm and Michelle Akers, muster all its strength to outlast the Sun Wen-led China PR, who were every bit up for the challenge.
Follow along with the full USA-China PR re-broadcast on Monday 30 March at 20:00 CET. It’ll be the third straight #WorldCupAtHome matchday on FIFA’s YouTube channel, preceded by Netherlands-Brazil (2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™) on Saturday at 18:00 CET and Brazil-France (1986 FIFA World Cup Mexico™) on Sunday at 18:00 CET.
- Subscribe to FIFATV on YouTube and be notified when future games kick off
- Follow us @FIFAWWC and be a part of the conversation using #WorldCupAtHome
- Like our official Women’s World Cup Facebook page and Instagram account for even more content